I have been working in the Health Tourism sector for over 6 years, and during this time I have come across many avoidable situations. The list of ailments ranges from severe sunburns, allergic reactions, ear infections, food poisoning , to a jellyfish sting. This article gives health tips for persons visiting Jamaica for this years “Reggae Sumfest”.
- Always remember to pack any chronic medications you are taking ( for hypertension,diabetes,depression etc).
- Ensure to bring over the counter medications such as pain relievers, antacid, allergy medication and antibiotic creams.
- Drink lots of water! Also, if you something a bit more flavorful, coconut water has been proven to be a great substitute.
- Drink a glass of water between each alcoholic beverage.
- Keep out the midday sun! Sunburns are more likely to occur between the hours of 10:00AM and 2:00PM.
- Pack bandages and gauze.
- Wear sandals in the sand.
- If you have allergic Rhinitis or Sinusitis take your medication shortly before boarding your flight!
- Ensure to pack your health insurance documents.
- Although most health facilities require upfront cash or credit card payment you will find some facilities that take health insurance.
Keep Safe! Have fun!
i-Doc Concierge Wellness Services is a Health Service Company, located in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We do hotel calls throughout the Island and we accept all major International Health Insurances. We also have a Medical Center with various specialists, paediatrics,orthopedics,internist, etc.
Located at Shop #9, Icon Mall, Fairview, Montego Bay.